Visited links in a datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Corey, May 25, 2004.

  1. Jim Corey

    Jim Corey Guest

    I have a datagrid displaying a report, which includes link buttons that
    I use to drill down.

    A. When I return to the datagrid the links display as visited.

    B. If I run my report again and change some parameters,
    the report may be totally changed in terms of data and number of rows,
    but links in the same physical position in the datagrid still display as
    visited.

    I know I can use a stylesheet to make visited look like
    unvisited, but I'd like to have the situation in A, and
    have them look unvisited again in B.

    Any ideas?

    TIA,
    Jim

    Jim Corey, May 25, 2004

  2. Jim Corey

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    what are you using in the grid for the click/links? Try using a template
    column with an A HREF and appending a value to the URL based on the
    criteria.
    It's a thought.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], May 25, 2004

  3. Jim Corey

    Jim Corey Guest

    Well, yes that might work.
    I'm using LinkButtons and they don't have a url associated with them --
    I handle the action in the code-behind.

    And I can't change this at this point in the game.

    ex:

    <asp:TemplateColumn ItemStyle-CssClass="link-item">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:LinkButton ID="A1" runat="server"
    Text='<%#DataBinder.EvalContainer, "DataItem.hold") %>'
    </asp:LinkButton>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateColumn>

    Jim

    Jim Corey, May 25, 2004
  4. Jim Corey

    Rick Spiewak Guest

    You might try disabling/re-enabling viewstate.

    Rick Spiewak, May 26, 2004