    I have installed SP1 for vs2005 on Vista but it still fails.

    Is there a fix?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Greg Smith, Jun 13, 2007

  2. Did you install the SP1 Update for
    Vista?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2D-3AD1-4873-A2EE-4ACC0AACE5B6&displaylang=en

    This is a seperate update to be installed after SP 1. A lot of people miss
    this update assuming SP 1 had the Vista fixes in them.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jun 13, 2007

  3. Greg Smith

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Jun 13, 2007
  4. Greg Smith

    Greg Smith Guest

    "Mark Fitzpatrick" <> wrote in message
    > Did you install the SP1 Update for Vista?

    Yes, if you look at my original message you will see I did this.

    Greg Smith, Jun 14, 2007
  5. Greg Smith

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Greg Smith" <> wrote in message

    > "Mark Fitzpatrick" <> wrote in message
    >> Did you install the SP1 Update for Vista?

    > Yes, if you look at my original message you will see I did this.

    Not quite - your OP said: "I have installed SP1 for vs2005 on Vista but it
    still fails."

    There was no mention of the Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for
    Windows Vista...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, Jun 14, 2007
  6. Greg,

    You have to right click on the DevEnv.exe and use the Run as Administrator
    option. Your debugger will magically start working.

    =?Utf-8?B?aW1hY3Mx?=, Aug 11, 2007