    Lucas Raab Guest

    Can I use Python as an extension language to Visual Basic sort of like in C
    or C++?
    Lucas Raab, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Lucas Raab wrote:

    > Can I use Python as an extension language to Visual Basic sort of like in
    > C or C++?

    You can implement COM (aka Active/X) servers in Python (just you could
    implement them in C, C++, or Visual Basic itself) and instantiate them and
    call their methods from Visual Basic, yes; or, vice-versa, you can put
    Python in the driving seat. Hammond and Robinson's book on Win32 API
    Programming (O'Reilly) covers the subject well, IMHO, even though it is
    quite dated by now (you can do a lot more things with today's Python, and
    today's version of Hammond's win32all extensions, than you could back
    when the book was written; but, you can also still do all you could do
    then:).

    Alex
    Alex Martelli, Sep 30, 2003