Visual Basic integration

Lucas Raab

Can I use Python as an extension language to Visual Basic sort of like in C
or C++?

Alex Martelli

Lucas said:
Can I use Python as an extension language to Visual Basic sort of like in
C or C++?

You can implement COM (aka Active/X) servers in Python (just you could
implement them in C, C++, or Visual Basic itself) and instantiate them and
call their methods from Visual Basic, yes; or, vice-versa, you can put
Python in the driving seat. Hammond and Robinson's book on Win32 API
Programming (O'Reilly) covers the subject well, IMHO, even though it is
quite dated by now (you can do a lot more things with today's Python, and
today's version of Hammond's win32all extensions, than you could back
when the book was written; but, you can also still do all you could do
then:).

Alex