    method to make Visual C++ use static linking of the standard C/C++
    Libraries. So I just redistribute the exe only.

    Thanks
    bzaid, May 28, 2008

  2. bzaid

    Ian Collins Guest

    bzaid wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I use some standard C++ classes in my Win32 application. Now, the
    > application require me to redistribute the Visual C++ 2005

    You're asking in the wrong place, try a windows programming group.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, May 28, 2008

  3. The question is not about Win32. It's about the use of the standard C++ libs
    with VC++. I want to use them without depending on any DLLs.

    Thanks for your reply

    news.aioe.org, May 28, 2008
  4. news.aioe.org wrote:

    > The question is not about Win32. It's about the use of the standard C++
    > libs with VC++. I want to use them without depending on any DLLs.

    You need to understand that this is a question solely regarding your
    particular development environment, and therefore off-topic here. You
    should definitely try in the microsoft.public.vc area of groups.
    Eberhard Schefold, May 28, 2008
  5. Thanks and sorry.

    news.aioe.org, May 28, 2008
  6. bzaid

    Krice Guest

    bzaid kirjoitti:
    > I use some standard C++ classes in my Win32 application. Now, the
    > application require me to redistribute the Visual C++ 2005
    > Redistributable Package with my application (not just the DLLs).

    One possible way is another compiler to build the final executable.
    I do this using gcc, because for some reason VC++ requires the user to
    have .NET installed even the application is console/SDL-based. As a
    bonus you learn to write more portable C++ source code:)
    Krice, May 28, 2008
  7. bzaid

    bzaid Guest

    On May 28, 1:30 pm, Krice <> wrote:
    > bzaid kirjoitti:
    >
    > > I use some standard C++ classes in my Win32 application. Now, the
    > > application require me to redistribute the Visual C++ 2005
    > > Redistributable Package with my application (not just the DLLs).

    > One possible way is another compiler to build the final executable.
    > I do this using gcc, because for some reason VC++ requires the user to
    > have .NET installed even the application is console/SDL-based. As a
    > bonus you learn to write more portable C++ source code:)

    1- Thanks for reply
    2- I found the a solution how to statically link C/C++ Runtime
    Libraries to my application in VC++:
    Open project properties > C/C++ > Code Generation > Runtime
    Library > and select Multi-threaded (/MT).
    Native VC++ apps don’t require .NET Framework to be installed.
    3- Yes, I agree with you, C++ developer must write portable code, he
    should never depend on a compiler specific feature.

    Regards,
    bzaid, May 28, 2008
  8. On May 28, 7:30 am, Krice <> wrote:
    > One possible way is another compiler to build the final executable.
    > I do this using gcc, because for some reason VC++ requires the user to
    > have .NET installed even the application is console/SDL-based.

    ????? WTF?
    It never happened to me. Perhaps you should review your configuration/
    project settings.

    Diego
    Diego Martins, May 28, 2008
  9. bzaid

    James Kanze Guest

    On May 28, 11:18 am, Eberhard Schefold
    <> wrote:
    > news.aioe.org wrote:
    > > The question is not about Win32. It's about the use of the
    > > standard C++ libs with VC++. I want to use them without
    > > depending on any DLLs.

    > You need to understand that this is a question solely
    > regarding your particular development environment, and
    > therefore off-topic here. You should definitely try in the
    > microsoft.public.vc area of groups.

    Which doubtlessly explains why we had exactly the same problem
    with g++ under Solaris in my last job:).

    The standard doesn't address the issue, but the problems
    inherent with dynamic linking are pretty much the same
    regardless of the platform. Don't do it unless you have to (and
    can be sure that the client will have the necessary libraries,
    in the versions you expect).

    --
    James Kanze (GABI Software) email:
    James Kanze, May 28, 2008