Visual C++ and Informix

Lee

I'm writting a program using Visual C++. Basically the program will
tap to a line, received the data and process and finally insert into
Informix Database.
It happen that day the insertion of data didn't work. It reply me the
error "-271". I already checked through the help file of informix
database. It said that this error happen because of many reasons. It
asked me to refer to ISAM code for details.

My question is when informix reply the error to my program, did it
reply the ISAM error message also?? If yes, how can I get the error
code through my program?? If not, what should I do to know the ISAM
error.

Thanks.