Visual C++ MFC error with Windows XP

Discussion in 'C++' started by Jimmie, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Jimmie

    Jimmie Guest

    Hi,
    I am just starting to use MFC for visual c++, i am also using windows
    xp, and have been trying to do some tutorials, on MFC but everytime i
    compile the program i get this error.

    --------------------Configuration: tester - Win32
    Debug--------------------
    Cannot start tool.
    The operation completed successfully.
    Cannot start tool.
    Error spawning 'vcspawn.exe'. The build could not be performed.

    tester.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

    I have searched for the problem on deja before, but every posting says
    to go to the tools menu, which i cannot find, in windows XP. please
    help, any information will help.
    also, is the problem occuring b/c i have visual c++ on my second
    drive:)D)?

    Thank you,
    Jimmie Barnett

    Jimmie, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Jimmie

    Greg P. Guest

    "Jimmie" <> wrote in message
    | Hi,
    | I am just starting to use MFC for visual c++, i am also using windows
    | xp, and have been trying to do some tutorials, on MFC but everytime i
    <snip>

    MFC, Win32, Visual C++, Windows XP, goblins, trolls, hobbits, and wizards
    are all off topic here. This is for standard c++. You may want to resubmit
    your post to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

    Greg P., Aug 26, 2003