    removing all intermediate files and output files?

    Thanks.

    , May 30, 2008

  2. Lionel B Guest

    On Fri, 30 May 2008 06:01:11 -0700, plenty900 wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to build a large project, and I've found that when something
    > doesn't compile properly, and I attempt to re-build it, Visual C++
    > Express doesn't make a new attempt. So then I try to clean the solution,
    > but this has literally no effect because when I try to build after that,
    > again no attempt to made to build.
    >
    > Can someone tell me to really to clean the solution, removing all
    > intermediate files and output files?

    Someone in another newsgroup probably can:

    Lionel B

    Lionel B, May 30, 2008

  3. Jigar Mehta Guest

    Hi ,

    Try to run procmon when you 'clean' from visual studio (which version are
    you using?)..
    It may be possible that intermediate files are locked by some process (most
    likely visual studio.) Try exiting visual studio or else, find handle using
    Process Explorer and try to close it forcefully.

    Jigar Mehta

    Jigar Mehta, May 30, 2008
  4. Eric Pruneau Guest

    <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to build a large project, and I've found that
    > when something doesn't compile properly, and I attempt
    > to re-build it, Visual C++ Express doesn't make a new
    > attempt. So then I try to clean the solution, but
    > this has literally no effect because when I try to
    > build after that, again no attempt to made to build.
    >
    > Can someone tell me to really to clean the solution,
    > removing all intermediate files and output files?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Are the projects dependencies properly set?

    Eric Pruneau, May 30, 2008

    > Are the projects dependencies properly set?

    Yes insofar as the solution has 4 projects, and the dependencies
    between projects are correct. Actually, the project that
    is nary impossible to get built is the one that 3 of the 4
    depend upon.

    I've discovered that if I manually remove all obj files
    in Cygwin i.e.
    rm -f `find . -name "*.obj"`
    then this helps.

    , May 30, 2008

    On May 30, 9:07 am, Jigar Mehta <> wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > Try to run procmon when you 'clean' from visual studio (which version are
    > you using?)..

    I'm using VC++ 9 Express. Also using Vista which hasn't got procmon.

    , May 30, 2008
  7. Jigar Mehta Guest

    Hi ,

    Oh well, procmon is a utility you will have to download (it doesnt get bundled
    with Vista).. Its a SysInternals Utility..

    take a look at this and many more useful utilities at,
    http://live.sysinternals.com

    Procmon at,
    http://live.sysinternals.com/Procmon.exe
    (refer to chm file at above website if you are looking for help about how
    to use it!)

    Jigar Mehta

    Jigar Mehta, May 30, 2008

    On May 30, 9:59 am, Jigar Mehta <> wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > Oh well, procmon is a utility you will have to download (it doesnt get bundled
    > with Vista).. Its a SysInternals Utility..

    Thank you.

    , May 31, 2008

    On May 30, 9:01 am, wrote:
    > Can someone tell me to really to clean the solution,
    > removing all intermediate files and output files?

    Ask this question here:

    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=161&SiteID=1

    That is Microsoft's official VC++ Express user help forum. It exists
    for questions about VC++ Express. This newsgroup, comp.lang.c++, is
    for general questions on the syntax and semantics of the C++ language
    itself. You will get a better answer in the appropriate place.

    Jason

    , May 31, 2008