    trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the retail product", but I
    do installed the retail version. How do I fixed this problem?

    Thanks,
    QZ, Jul 25, 2006

  2. "QZ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev, I got
    > the error message "Your trial version has expired, please uninstall this
    > trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the retail product",
    > but I
    > do installed the retail version. How do I fixed this problem?

    You have been fooled by the seller that sold you Visual Studio as if it were
    a retail version.
    Try to report him to the authorities.

    There's no known problem with Visual Internet that goes in to 'trial' mode.

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 26, 2006

  3. QZ wrote:
    > I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev,
    > I got the error message "Your trial version has expired, please
    > uninstall this trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the
    > retail product", but I do installed the retail version. How do I
    > fixed this problem?

    Is this an ASP question? If you are merely desiring to use InterDev as an
    ASP editor, consider giving Visual Web Developer a try. It's free for one
    year -- plenty of time to evaluate it, IMO. Better still, it does not
    require you to remove your existing InterDev or Visual Studio.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/download/

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jul 26, 2006
  4. QZ

    QZ Guest

    I got the VS 6 CD from Microsoft MSDN. I think it should be the real product.
    I also searched from Microsoft Knowledge Base. I found an article to mention
    this error(see Article 248073), but there is no solution. I hope I can find
    the solution here.

    Thanks,

    QZ, Jul 26, 2006
  5. QZ

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    >> It's free for one year -- plenty of time to evaluate it

    It is now free forever.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/
    Scroll down to item 10.

    Orignally, the download was being offered for free for one year. It would
    never expire for those who downloaded it within the year.

    Bob Lehmann

    "Dave Anderson" <> wrote in message
    > QZ wrote:
    > > I installed Visual Studio 6.0. When I tried to open Visual Interdev,
    > > I got the error message "Your trial version has expired, please
    > > uninstall this trial version of 'Visual InterDev 6.0; and install the
    > > retail product", but I do installed the retail version. How do I
    > > fixed this problem?

    > Is this an ASP question? If you are merely desiring to use InterDev as an
    > ASP editor, consider giving Visual Web Developer a try. It's free for one
    > year -- plenty of time to evaluate it, IMO. Better still, it does not
    > require you to remove your existing InterDev or Visual Studio.
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/download/
    >

    > --
    > Dave Anderson

    Use

    Bob Lehmann, Jul 27, 2006
  6. some msdn stuff expires depends on the package you got

    Kyle Peterson, Jul 27, 2006
  7. "QZ" <> wrote in message
    >I got the VS 6 CD from Microsoft MSDN. I think it should be the real
    >product.
    > I also searched from Microsoft Knowledge Base. I found an article to
    > mention
    > this error(see Article 248073), but there is no solution. I hope I can
    > find
    > the solution here.
    >
    > Thanks,

    If that is true, the expiration is OS + product-related.

    Visual Interdef and Visual STudio 6 contained Java stuff, which is
    'forbidden' because the license to contain some 'java' VM compatibility is
    now forbidden for Microsoft.
    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 27, 2006
  8. "QZ" <> wrote in message
    >I got the VS 6 CD from Microsoft MSDN. I think it should be the real
    >product.
    > I also searched from Microsoft Knowledge Base. I found an article to
    > mention
    > this error(see Article 248073), but there is no solution. I hope I can
    > find
    > the solution here.
    >
    > Thanks,

    I'd advise you to use Visual STudio Web developer Express

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/download/default.aspx

    Visual Interdef is hopelessly aged and producing expired HTML code.
    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jul 27, 2006