Visual programming IDE for Javascript in Linux environment

giangiammy

as from the subject, anyone has comments about
a Javascript IDE for visual programming in Linux
environment?

thanks
giammy

Erwin Moller

giangiammy said:
as from the subject, anyone has comments about
a Javascript IDE for visual programming in Linux
environment?

thanks
giammy

Hi,

Not me.
I think a visual IDE for Javascript is overkill.
One good book is enough to learn/use Javascript if you are a programmer.
If one is not a programmer, don't go Javascript. :)

Seriously, I wonder what an visual IDE can add.

Are you planning on making one?

Regards,
Erwin Moller

giangiammy

no, as a matter of fact I was hoping to find one:
I need to build some web pages with javascript
and some command/buttons/menu: I thought
that if there was some IDE I could got it done
better

thanks anyway
giammy

soulsolu

Many editors provide intellisense, syntax highlighting, etc. For
example, Vi, emacs, Visual Slickedt are a few.

In addition, Dreamweaver provides an excellent WYSWIG layout tool for
HTML and DHTML components.

Programming Java Script for visual GUI elements is really a process of
leveraging / combining integrated technologies
(HTML/DHTML/Images/Css/JavaScript/Flash/etc) and attempting to do so
without boxing yourself into supporting only one browser.

With the speed that new proprietary features are implemented in the
browser population, and the proprietary way that even standard
functionality is implemented in the browser community, it might be too
much of a moving target for someone to build a specific GUI tool for.

Good luck. If you do find such a tool post back, as it would be
interesting to see how someone implemented such a beast

Regards, Scott Burkhalter