Visual Studio 2003 Office 2003 intergration

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hawkmoth, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Hawkmoth

    Hawkmoth Guest

    Hi
    I hope you can help with what seems to be a simple problem that is driving
    me nuts!

    I am developing a C# application using Visual studio 2003 and I need to use
    Office 2003 automation.

    In the helpfile it says to install the .Net Programmability support from
    Office setup or install Office using the complete option. Then select New
    Project in the Visual Studio 2003 IDE and choose the Microsoft Office System
    Projects.

    My problem is Microsoft Office System Projects does not show in the project
    types.

    I also have the same problem with Install shield. I use the Install shield
    Developer 8 which has .Net Intergration and should also show in the Projects
    type but this doesn't show either.

    I have tried reinstalling Visual studio 2003 and Office Xp both using the
    complete setup options without success.

    This should be so easy but for some reason it doen't work for me.
    Can anyone help before I attempt to wipe my whole system and start again.
    Thanks
    --
    All the best
    Hawkmoth

    Hawkmoth, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Hawkmoth

    Hawkmoth Guest

    ok
    I just got Office to intergrate by installing 'Tools for the Microsoft
    Office System 2003' from my msdn library. Not shore why i didn't work as the
    help file said it should but I'm happy with the result.

    Still can't get Install shield to intergrate yet! I may contact them see if
    they have any answers.

    Hawkmoth, Mar 15, 2005

  3. I,ve now found the answer on
    http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q106541

    I word of warning though.... check the version numbers on the 801setup.exe
    as the one i downloaded that was supposed to work with VS.net 2003 but kept
    telling me that VS wasn't installed.
    I checked the version number and it was 8.1.160.0.

    As luck would have it when I downloaded this file i found another with the
    same filename on my system but with a version number of 8.2.160.0.

    I don't remember downloading this file or where I got it but this worked for
    me

    =?Utf-8?B?SGF3a21vdGg=?=, Mar 15, 2005
  4. Hawkmoth

    Guest

    Hi Hawkmoth
    Even i am facing the same problem.
    were you able to sort it out and if so, please let me know so that i can try.

    thanks in advance

    Cheers
    Sharath

    , Mar 29, 2005
  5. Hi Sharath

    To get the office automation to work I installed

    'Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Office System 2003'

    From my MSDN subscription (Yellow disc 2435.3 or 2453.2)
    Can also be purchest on it's own, see :-
    http://www.greymatter.co.uk/Developers/gmhome/sr3_prdidx.asp?id=86125

    For install shield intergration I installed see:-
    http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q106541

    Hope this helps you
    All the best
    Hawkmoth