Visual Studio 2003 Office 2003 intergration

Hawkmoth

Hi
I hope you can help with what seems to be a simple problem that is driving
me nuts!

I am developing a C# application using Visual studio 2003 and I need to use
Office 2003 automation.

In the helpfile it says to install the .Net Programmability support from
Office setup or install Office using the complete option. Then select New
Project in the Visual Studio 2003 IDE and choose the Microsoft Office System
Projects.

My problem is Microsoft Office System Projects does not show in the project
types.

I also have the same problem with Install shield. I use the Install shield
Developer 8 which has .Net Intergration and should also show in the Projects
type but this doesn't show either.

I have tried reinstalling Visual studio 2003 and Office Xp both using the
complete setup options without success.

This should be so easy but for some reason it doen't work for me.
Can anyone help before I attempt to wipe my whole system and start again.
Thanks

Hawkmoth

ok
I just got Office to intergrate by installing 'Tools for the Microsoft
Office System 2003' from my msdn library. Not shore why i didn't work as the
help file said it should but I'm happy with the result.

Still can't get Install shield to intergrate yet! I may contact them see if
they have any answers.

Guest

I,ve now found the answer on
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q106541

I word of warning though.... check the version numbers on the 801setup.exe
as the one i downloaded that was supposed to work with VS.net 2003 but kept
telling me that VS wasn't installed.
I checked the version number and it was 8.1.160.0.

As luck would have it when I downloaded this file i found another with the
same filename on my system but with a version number of 8.2.160.0.

I don't remember downloading this file or where I got it but this worked for
me

Hawkmoth said:
ok
I just got Office to intergrate by installing 'Tools for the Microsoft
Office System 2003' from my msdn library. Not shore why i didn't work as the
help file said it should but I'm happy with the result.

Still can't get Install shield to intergrate yet! I may contact them see if
they have any answers.

sharathkonda

Hi Hawkmoth
Even i am facing the same problem.
were you able to sort it out and if so, please let me know so that i can try.

thanks in advance

Cheers
Sharath