Visual Studio 2003 under Windows 2008 Server

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Laurent Jordi, Jun 12, 2009.

  1. Hi,

    I subscribe to an online Windows 2008 WebServer to replace my old PIV that
    was running under 2003. I installed all features I need but I still have a
    problem.
    I must deploy a legacy Internet Application built with Visual Studio 2003
    ..net under 1.1 Framework with ASP.net and ASP 3.0 pages.

    I installed :
    • Visual Studio 2008 Pro
    • SQL Server 2008 Express
    • Visual Studio 2003 Entreprise Architect
    • Dot net Framework 1.1 SP1
    • IIS Rôle is activated with the IIS 6.0 Compatibility functionality activated

    My problems are :
    • I have a compatibility error message when I execute VS2003.net
    • I VS2003 seems to need Front Page Server Extensions 2002
    • I have only one application pool running under 1.1 Framework
    • I cannot create a new application pool with 1.1 Application Framevork
    because It’is not in the list
    • I have a critical error message when I try to open the VS 2003 Project, VS
    2003 doesn’t recognize the 1.1 Framework and it wants to chage my project to
    1.0 Framework
    Someone could help me ?
    Thanks a lot,
    Best Regards