Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 project cannot work in IIS virtual direc

Guest

6/23/05

..NET Development\Framework\dotnet.framework.aspnet

Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 project cannot work in IIS virtual directory

I used Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 to build a simple new web site.

Default.aspx file is like following.

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb"
Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">

</form>

Default.aspx.vb is like following.

Partial Class _Default
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Response.Redirect("http://www.microsoft.com/")
End Sub
End Class
When I run the Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2, it works fine under studio testing
port. However, when I make an IIS virtual directory to run the default.aspx
under IIS, it gives me following error.
Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.

Source Error:

Line 8: \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config
Line 9: -->
Line 10: <configuration
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
Line 11: <appSettings/>
Line 12: <connectionStrings/>

Source File: C:\jzhang\D_folder\document\ctqp-website\web.config Line: 10
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

Then I simple removed xmlns entry, then I got an error that the program
could not locate the _Default class under Default.aspx.vb file.Please help.

Juan T. Llibre

You're trying to run an ASP.NET 2.0 app in a virtual directory
which has been configured for ASP.NET 1.1.

Use the ASP.NET tab in the IIS MMC to change
the ASP.NET version of your application to ASP.NET 2.0.

Guest

Hello

I have the same problem but can only find ASP.net version 1 on my server.
How do I get ASP.net version 2? I have searched for it on microsoft but
cannot tell what exactly i have to install as it seems like the developer
programs.

Many thanks

James

Guest