Visual Studio 2005 -- Multi-Tabbed Control

Shane Jones

I began my .Net training with VS .Net 2000 (version 1.0) -- on the toolbar
there is a multi-tabbed control (which allows you to place differing content
on each tab, and display content associated with each seperate tab) -- I'm
NEW to Visual Studio .Net 2005, and I can't seem to locate this multi-tabbed
control on the toolbar. Does anyone know if this is a standard control for
2005, and will the Multi-View control offer the same functionality?

On an different note -- I'm creating a project which displays SQL Server
2005 data -- I need to place a SEARCH field on my default.aspx page to query
a unique db recordset -- what is the best approach in doing this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Guest

Hi Shane,

Look under "All Windows Forms" Tab in the Toolbox, you should see a control
named - "Tab Control".

Regarding the Search thing, you can send a custom select command with
appropriate parameters. That should be the way to go...

HTH.
-Rajneesh

Shane Jones

Rajneesh,

I see the Tabbed Contral, but it's Grayed-Out -- how can I activate the
control so that I can place it in a New aspx Web Form?

Shane
===================

Guest

Hi Shane,

This is a Windows control and is not available in Web Projects. This is the
reason, why it is grayed out!

There is no "Tab Control" for ASP.NET 2.0; however you can make one yourself
by using Multiview. This control can be set to show one view at a time,
giving a tab control like of UI.

The process has been defined and implemented here:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/TabControl.asp

I hope this helps!
-Rajneesh

Joe Stateson

Rajneesh Narain said:
Hi Shane,

This is a Windows control and is not available in Web Projects. This is
the
reason, why it is grayed out!

There is no "Tab Control" for ASP.NET 2.0; however you can make one
yourself
by using Multiview. This control can be set to show one view at a time,
giving a tab control like of UI.

The process has been defined and implemented here:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/TabControl.asp

I hope this helps!
-Rajneesh

I started to use menu items and multiview but ended up buying 3rd party
"pintab" as it had a nice selection of tabs.
http://www.pintexx.com/
I had not seen that codeproject link before. Thanks for posting it.