    2005 data -- I need to place a SEARCH field on my default.aspx page to query
    a unique db recordset -- what is the best approach in doing this?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

    Shane Jones, Sep 7, 2007

  2. To answer your second question:

    When I do search logic on web pages and also desktop apps, I usually
    end up building SQL pro grammatically after the user clicks the Submit
    button. For example:

    Dim mySQL as string
    mySQL = "SELECT UserName, Password, PermissionLevel FROM tUser WHERE
    tUser.UserID = " & me.ddlUserID.SelectedValue.

    You can continue to build on this by adding more criteria to the WHERE
    clause:

    if me.txtMinSalary.text.trim.length > 0 then
    mySQL &= " AND Salary >= " & me.txtMinSalary.text.trim
    Endif

    Then you submit the criteria to your db engine or use it as a property
    in your Data Source Object.

    Does that help?

    Bill Nicholson, Sep 10, 2007

  3. Hi Shane,

    Look under "All Windows Forms" Tab in the Toolbox, you should see a control
    named - "Tab Control".

    Regarding the Search thing, you can send a custom select command with
    appropriate parameters. That should be the way to go...

    HTH.
    -Rajneesh

    Rajneesh Narain, Sep 11, 2007
  4. Shane Jones

    Shane Jones Guest

    Rajneesh,

    I see the Tabbed Contral, but it's Grayed-Out -- how can I activate the
    control so that I can place it in a New aspx Web Form?

    Shane
    ===================
    "Rajneesh Narain" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Shane Jones, Sep 11, 2007
  5. Hi Shane,

    This is a Windows control and is not available in Web Projects. This is the
    reason, why it is grayed out!

    There is no "Tab Control" for ASP.NET 2.0; however you can make one yourself
    by using Multiview. This control can be set to show one view at a time,
    giving a tab control like of UI.

    The process has been defined and implemented here:
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/TabControl.asp

    I hope this helps!
    -Rajneesh

    Rajneesh Narain, Sep 12, 2007