Visual Studio 2005 not showing control properties when in source view

Nathan Sokalski

When I am viewing a *.aspx file in Source view Visual Studio 2005 is not
displaying the page's controls/elements properties in the properties window.
If I switch to Design view, the properties are displayed with no problem.
Why is Visual Studio 2005 not displaying the controls' properties in Source
view, and what can I do to make it display them in Source view? Thanks.

Willem

Hi Nathan,

I've got the same issue. Can't find anything on it in the net, so we
are probably part of the "select few". Noticed one remark of someone
who got this problem after installing SP1. I uninstalled SP1, but
without the desired effect. Please post here if you've found a
solution.

Willem

KJ

Try this: Go to, Tools > Options > Text Editor > HTML > Miscellaneous and
check the Enable property grid in source view checkbox; restart VS

Willem

k, finally found it. God knows how it was unchecked. Anyway, you can
find it in:
Options -- Text Editor -- HTML -- Miscellaneous: check "Enable
property grid in Source View".

and you should be a happy camper once again.

greetz,
Willem

Willem

Thanks KJ and Mark.
I had just found it, but your help is very much appreciated anyway. I
wonder how I couldn't find that ScottGu article.
cheers,
Willem