Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista released

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Rae, Mar 6, 2007.

  1. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Mar 6, 2007

  2. Mark Rae

    JMT Guest

    JMT, Mar 7, 2007

  3. No.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "JMT" <> wrote in message

    > Can I install VS 2003 in Vista?

    You can install it if you like. However, it is not supported by Microsoft,
    and never will be...
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa948854.aspx

    That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work, though you might like to
    consider *why* Microsoft won't support it... :)

    Mark Rae, Mar 7, 2007
  5. Mark Rae

    JMT Guest

    Thank you for the complete link

    JMT, Mar 7, 2007
  6. Thanks Mark! This is exactly what I've been waiting for as I'm about to
    install Vista for development today!

    Thanks again!
    --
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Former Microsoft FrontPage MVP 199?-2006

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Mar 7, 2007
  7. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Mark Fitzpatrick" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks Mark! This is exactly what I've been waiting for

    Me too!

    My hardware supplier has just taken delivery of a new batch of Vista-ready
    motherboards which support 64-bit dual core CPUs and 8Gb RAM, so this is
    going to be a bit of an expensive month... :)

    Mark Rae, Mar 7, 2007