Visual Studio 2005 SP1 includes AJAX?

Smokey Grindel

I've read about 3 blogs now that says VS2005 SP1 includes the AJAX framework
in the update, yet I don't see it anywhere... is it actually included in the
Service Pack or do I still need to install the add on? thanks!

Mark Fitzpatrick

I didn't find it anywhere. I would really doubt they'd include it in the
service pack since it's still a release candidate.

Smokey Grindel

that's what they said about windows service packs also.. then came XP SP2 ;)
anyways didnt think it would be in there either, was just confused how the
blogers out there thought it was..

Juan T. Llibre

re:
that's what they said about windows service packs also.. then came XP SP2 ;)

Which new features were introduced in XP SP2 ?

I must confess I'm not an expert on Windows XP,
but I thought that *existing* behavior was modified,
and not that new features were introduced by XP's SP2.

Mark Rae

I've read about 3 blogs now that says VS2005 SP1 includes the AJAX
framework in the update, yet I don't see it anywhere... is it actually
included in the Service Pack or do I still need to install the add on?
thanks!

I don't think so...

Erik Funkenbusch

re:

Which new features were introduced in XP SP2 ?

I must confess I'm not an expert on Windows XP,
but I thought that *existing* behavior was modified,
and not that new features were introduced by XP's SP2.

It's a semantic argument. They added DEP and Popup Blockers, for instance.
It could be argued that both of these are just enhancements to existing
functions, but they're also new features.

Michael D. Ober

MS has had a history of adding completely new features in Windows Service
Packs. XP SP2 also added the Windows Firewall and Security Centers.

Mike Ober.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
XP SP2 also added the Windows Firewall and Security Centers

Weren't those *existing* features ?
What was added was a way to manage them, wasn't it ?