Visual Studio 2005 The breakpoint will not currently be hit... PLEASE HELP.

RSH

I have a project that we have had in 2005 for a couple months now and
everything has been working fine. Now today I open it up and get the latest
version from SourceSafe and I made a few changes to the codebehind and I
placed a few breakpoints in the codebehind but none of the breakpoints were
being hit. Upon closer inspection i noticed that once I started running the
program in debug mode the normal breakpoint circle turned to a transparent
circle with the yellow exclaimation point and when i mouseover the symbol it
reads "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. The source code is
different from the original version. To allow the breakpoint to be hit when
the sourcecode is different..."

I have tried everything I can think of including deleting the contents of
the BIN folder, restarting, getting latest from SourceSafe... nothing is
working.

How do I fix this problem, I am on a deadline and I have never run into this
problem with any of our 14 sites.

Thanks!
Ron

Lit

in 2003 I use to solve similar issues by deleting the VSWebCache\ content

Not sure is 2005 have similar folder etc..

Lit

RSH

Thanks for the reply. I deleted all items in the VSWebCache folder, no
change I still get the error.

Ron

Larry Bud

Thanks for the reply. I deleted all items in the VSWebCache folder, no
change I still get the error.

Ron

Are you sure you're not compiled for a "release" version instead of
debugging?

Go to the BUILD menu, Configuration Manager, and look at the dropdown
for "Active Solution Configuration".

Rory Becker

Not sure if this will help, but in VS2003 there was an issue wherein, if
your solution had a project which had no compilable code in it then debugger
would fail to allow breakpoints to function in any project.

Not sure if this was ever fixed.

If you can find a project in your solution which only has html files in it
the try adding a dummy class to that project and recompile.