    Cheers

    --
    Goofy
    Goofy, Dec 19, 2006

  2. Goofy

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > I bought VS2003 in 2003 of course :)
    >
    > Now I want to upgrade but I was wondering when you install an upgrade if it
    >
    > A.) Requires that VS2003 be already installed
    >
    > B.) Overwrites it or allows side by side operation.
    >
    > Cheers

    I don't have an *upgrade* (so maybe that works differently) but
    currently I have both VS2003 and VS2005 running on the same machine.

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Dec 19, 2006

  3. Goofy

    Goofy Guest

    Thanks, in the meantime I asked directly of microsoft and they told me that
    for side by side, a full boxed product is required.

    Goofy, Dec 19, 2006
  4. Goofy

    Norman Yuan Guest

    With .NET and corresponding VS, "upgrade" means you are eligible to buy
    VS2005 with upgrade price (not the full price) if you are lisenced VS2003
    user. However, the product (VS2005) should be a full one that does not
    require VS2003, or does not care if you have VS 2003 installed. The two is
    complete seperate products and to be installed in their own folder by
    default, and do not affect each other.

    Norman Yuan, Dec 19, 2006
  5. Goofy

    Goofy Guest