Visual Studio 2008, class library and Linq Classes

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ilyas, Mar 13, 2008.

  1. Ilyas

    Ilyas Guest

    Hi all

    I have created a web appication and class library using Visual Studio
    2008

    In the class library I have aadded a Linq to sql class and placed all
    the northwind tables on the designer. Upon saving the .dbml file,
    VS2008 creates an app.config

    My questions are:

    1)I thought class library's dont have app.configs?

    2)I actually want my the connection string to be taken from the
    web.config - how can I get the code to do this taking into account
    that some of this code is autogenerated and I dont want to chnage the
    autogenerated code?

    Many thanks

    Ilyas, Mar 13, 2008