    all those ajax files. Depending on the error, I can't Step Out or Step Over
    because it entirely misses whatever event is causing the error. How can I
    avoid that?
    katmagic, Nov 27, 2008

  2. Do you have a clue where the actual problem might be? If so, set a
    breakpoint. If not, you can set multiple breakpoints in the non-AJAX stuff
    and start stepping through.

    One way to determine the point of error is the error message. If this is not
    bubbling up, set up a custom error handling page and set your app to
    redirect there in the web.config file. Of course, AJAX errors will not be
    caught in this manner. In your error handler write to a log. Tracing also
    works well to catch errors. The point here is you should know roughly where
    your issues are when you start out.

    One of the best ways to set things up is to put the actual working code in
    libraries. You can then set up unit tests around the methods on the classes
    and find the error more quickly (or avoid it completely by catching it early
    in coding rather than in the page).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA