    on the HTML tab and I was able to add any one of those controls to the aspx
    form. Still, I want to add Web Controls but VS 2008 is not letting me.

    Can anyone assist me on this?

    John Crews, May 19, 2009

  2. Was there ever really a "Web Control Tab" in the Toolbox? I am using Visual
    Studio 2008 Professional Edition as well, and when I open an *.aspx file,
    the Toolbox has several groups. These include "Standard", which is the one
    that includes the Label control, but there are no groups by the name of "Web
    Control Tab". Is there some other tab or group that you had manually added
    to Visual Studio that you may have accidentally removed? Does Visual Studio
    let you add any controls from the Toolbox? Does it let you add controls if
    you delete the Default.aspx file and add a new webform? Are there any
    modifications you can remember ever making to the Toolbox? Perhaps someone
    may be able to help you more once you answer these questions.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, May 19, 2009

  3. John Crews

    John Crews Guest

    Thank you for your response.

    Answers to your questions:

    Was there ever really a "Web Control Tab" in the Toolbox? No. I am
    following a tutorial in Microsoft's C# Professional Projects from Premier
    Press ISBN: 1931841306. Chapter 4 "Creating An AirLine Reservation
    Portal." In the steps to create this portal are illustrations of a Web Form
    Controls tab on the toolbox.

    Is there some other tab or group that you had manually added to Visual
    Studio that you may have accidentally removed? I did add a Web Controls tab
    but was unable to add any System.Web.UI controls. My guess is that since
    they are already in the toolbox it would not let me add them again. I have
    since removed this tab.

    Does Visual Studio let you add any controls from the Toolbox? Yes. I let
    me add the HTML controls to the form in design view. In Split view I was
    able to add a Label control from the Standard tab of the toolbox but recieve
    an error in the design view. I was able to build and run the web form
    however.

    Does it let you add controls if you delete the Default.aspx file and add a
    new webform? I have not tried this yet. I will try and then get back with
    you on my results.

    Are there any modifications you can remember ever making to the Toolbox?
    Other than what I have already mentioned I have made no other modifications.

    Note: I am currently uninstalling VS2008 and re-installing.

    Thanks,

    Hope you can help.

    John Crews, May 19, 2009
  4. The items under the Standard Group in the toolbox should cover most of the
    tools you need. You should also see

    Data - for binding data
    Validation - For validating user input
    Navigation - Menu, SiteMapPath, TreeView
    Login - Using ASP.NET membership
    WebParts - You probably won't use these
    HTML - Standard HTML controls

    I thin that is it, but I am running from memory right now.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 19, 2009
  5. "In Split view I was able to add a Label control from the Standard tab of
    the toolbox but recieve an error in the design view." What is the error
    message that is displayed in this error? Some error messages are more
    helpful than others, and I am assuming that you used any information in the
    error message as best you could. Also (depending on exactly what the message
    was), if the message included one of those error numbers that usually
    initially means nothing to us, doing a web search for that number can get
    you more information than you would think (some people don't always bother
    to do this, but I have found that if I can't solve my problem with the other
    info, this sometimes gets me where I want to go). Good Luck!

    Nathan Sokalski, May 19, 2009
  6. John Crews

    John Crews Guest

    Greg,

    Thank you for responding.

    Yes, you are correct. Those items you mentioned are in the Toolbox...good
    memory.

    message news:...

    John Crews, May 20, 2009
  7. John Crews

    John Crews Guest

    Nathan,

    Thank you for your continued effort in assising me.

    The error I received was "Error Creating Control."

    It then goes on about not being able to find the path of the project. Once
    I get VS2008 reinstalled and if the error re-occurs I will send you the
    text.

    Thanks,

    John Crews, May 20, 2009
  8. "John Crews" <> wrote in message
    > Greg,
    >
    > Thank you for responding.
    >
    > Yes, you are correct. Those items you mentioned are in the Toolbox...good
    > memory.

    I probably still missed at least one. ;-)

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 21, 2009
  9. John Crews

    John Crews Guest

    I have reinstalled VS2008 Prof Ed and SP1. I am still haveing the same
    issue. I cannot drag and drop controls onto the Webform designer.

    I have .Net 3.5.

    Help?

    message news:...

    John Crews, May 23, 2009