    Thanks for any advice or help.

    -robert

    , May 1, 2008

  2. jaems Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is anyone having the problem where Visual Studio 2008 hangs for
    > minutes when switching to Design view of an aspx page? I know there's
    > a hotfix, but it has been no help. My co-worker might have hit on
    > something that it is related to Office 2007. This is because we have
    > VS2008 at home with no problems, but we use Office 2003. A co-worker
    > of ours has the same setup (Office 2003 and VS2008) and has no
    > problems.
    >
    > I know Microsoft knows it's an issue, and I've sent some mini dump
    > files for analyzation, but I am hoping there is a solution sooner than
    > later.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice or help.
    >
    > -robert

    I have this trouble too:

    Three things seem to make it worse:

    1) ANY Data sets seem to load repeatedly ven if they are not required on
    that page
    2) ANY xml files on the site are loaded EVERY time I switch to Design view
    3) I use a simple master page I made in MS Expression web with 5 buttons
    made with the Expression wizard and that takes ages to load

    jaez

    jaems, May 1, 2008

  3. Sometimes if you reset all settings, this clears out the settings xml file
    and things speed up. Also, not having too many IDE windows open helps. Be
    glad you aren't using Windows Vista, dood.
    Peter

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], May 1, 2008

    On May 1, 9:36 am, "jaems" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Is anyone having the problem whereVisualStudio2008hangs for
    > > minutes when switching to Design view of an aspx page? I know there's
    > > a hotfix, but it has been no help. My co-worker might have hit on
    > > something that it is related to Office 2007. This is because we have
    > > VS2008 at home with no problems, but we use Office 2003. A co-worker
    > > of ours has the same setup (Office 2003 and VS2008) and has no
    > > problems.

    > > I know Microsoft knows it's an issue, and I've sent some mini dump
    > > files for analyzation, but I am hoping there is a solution sooner than
    > > later.

    > > Thanks for any advice or help.

    > > -robert

    > I have this trouble too:
    >
    > Three things seem to make it worse:
    >
    > 1) ANY Data sets seem to load repeatedly ven if they are not required on
    > that page
    > 2) ANY xml files on the site are loaded EVERY time I switch to Design view
    > 3) I use a simple master page I made in MS Expression web with 5 buttons
    > made with the Expression wizard  and that takes ages to load
    >
    > jaez

    Is there a way to keep DataSets from loading if they're not needed? We
    have dozens of DataSets in the solution.

    , May 2, 2008

    "Sometimes if you reset all settings, this clears out the settings xml
    file and things speed up."

    Peter, how do you "reset all settings"?

    I'm willing to try anything. Thanks for any help.

    -Robert

    , May 2, 2008
  6. re:
    !> how do you "reset all settings"?

    "Tools", "Import and Export Settings", "Reset all settings".

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, May 2, 2008

    Update...For what it's worth, there is a BETA Service Pack 1 for
    VS2008 and 3.5 Framework.

    Also, something that actually helped me somewhat, and mayb help
    someone else:

    (1) Uninstall certain Office2007 components - MS Office Groove, MS
    Office InfoPath, Web Themes, and New and Open MSO Document Shortcuts.
    To do this, go to Add/Remove Programs and choose CHANGE (not Remove)
    for Office 2007. Then choose Add/Remove radio button, then select the
    above modules and let the wizard do the rest.
    (2) Repair Visual Studio 2008. Put the disc(s) in and choose Repair.

    Hope it helps someone...

    , May 12, 2008

    , May 12, 2008
  9. Juan T. Llibre, May 13, 2008