Visual studio 2008

Lee Atkinson

Hi guys,

Ive just made the switch from vb to c# ... And in visual studio code behind
on a asp page im not getting the drop down of page controls in the top left
down down list ... How comes?

Lee

sloan

//"How comes?"//
Do you mean "Why?"

I think you mean .aspx page. I know its nit picky....but aspx is not asp
just like vb.net is not vb.

Besides those 2 issues:

I see a list of components in my web application.

Did you use:

File / New / Website
or
File / New / Project / Web / "ASP.NET Web Application"

Try the Web Application and see if that works.

Lee Atkinson

Ok in both C# web application and new website options , I don't get a list
of the page controls in the top left drop down menu like I do in the vb
asp.net code behind editor ....

How am I supposed to add events to the page controls ... You know like
itemdatabound on gridview ... Without having to type it in manually....

You were able to select the page control in the left drop down and the
control event in the right drop down in vb.net

Doesn't make any sense to leave this important time saver out?

Lee