    on a asp page im not getting the drop down of page controls in the top left
    down down list ... How comes?

    Lee
    Lee Atkinson, May 28, 2010

  2. Lee Atkinson

    sloan Guest

    //"How comes?"//
    Do you mean "Why?"

    I think you mean .aspx page. I know its nit picky....but aspx is not asp
    just like vb.net is not vb.

    Besides those 2 issues:

    I see a list of components in my web application.

    Did you use:

    File / New / Website
    or
    File / New / Project / Web / "ASP.NET Web Application"

    Try the Web Application and see if that works.

    sloan, May 28, 2010

  3. Lee Atkinson

    Lee Atkinson Guest

    Ok in both C# web application and new website options , I don't get a list
    of the page controls in the top left drop down menu like I do in the vb
    asp.net code behind editor ....

    How am I supposed to add events to the page controls ... You know like
    itemdatabound on gridview ... Without having to type it in manually....

    You were able to select the page control in the left drop down and the
    control event in the right drop down in vb.net

    Doesn't make any sense to leave this important time saver out?

    Lee

    Lee Atkinson, Jun 2, 2010