Visual Studio 2010 Quirk?

AMP

I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the
Solution Explorer.
Add New Folder.
Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder.
They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh.
If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it
opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual
Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder,
but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view
shows both!!
Really strange....
I cant even see the files if I restart the IDE.
Anybody see this before?
Thanks

Patrice

Which kind of project ? Web site or web application ?

If this is a web application project it looks expected to me. VS only shows
file that are part of the project. You should have a "show all files" option
that allows to show also those who are not part of the project...

Hilmar Bunjes

Am 14.05.2010 11:16, schrieb Patrice:
Which kind of project ? Web site or web application ?

If this is a web application project it looks expected to me. VS only
shows file that are part of the project. You should have a "show all
files" option that allows to show also those who are not part of the
project...

.... and a very simple way to add files to a project is to put them in a
folder via drag and drop. You can also drag and drop existing files from
the folder in the same folder in VS 2010.

Best,
Hilmar

Guest

I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the
Solution Explorer.
Add New Folder.
Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder.
They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh.
If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it
opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual
Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder,
but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view
shows both!!
Really strange....
I cant even see the files if I restart the IDE.
Anybody see this before?
Thanks

I'm not sure about "visual studio 2010" folder issue, but that
behavior with "no" files is exactly how "show all files" option works
when it is turned off. To see all files in a solution, click the Show
All Files button above the project node in the solution explorer. Hope
this helps