    I cant even see the files if I restart the IDE.
    Anybody see this before?
    Thanks
    AMP, May 14, 2010

  2. AMP

    Patrice Guest

    Which kind of project ? Web site or web application ?

    If this is a web application project it looks expected to me. VS only shows
    file that are part of the project. You should have a "show all files" option
    that allows to show also those who are not part of the project...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, May 14, 2010

  3. Am 14.05.2010 11:16, schrieb Patrice:
    > Which kind of project ? Web site or web application ?
    >
    > If this is a web application project it looks expected to me. VS only
    > shows file that are part of the project. You should have a "show all
    > files" option that allows to show also those who are not part of the
    > project...

    .... and a very simple way to add files to a project is to put them in a
    folder via drag and drop. You can also drag and drop existing files from
    the folder in the same folder in VS 2010.

    Best,
    Hilmar
    Hilmar Bunjes, May 14, 2010
  4. On May 14, 1:29 am, AMP <> wrote:
    > I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the
    > Solution Explorer.
    > Add New Folder.
    > Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder.
    > They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh.
    > If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it
    > opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual
    > Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder,
    > but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view
    > shows both!!
    > Really strange....
    > I cant even see the files if I restart the IDE.
    > Anybody see this before?
    > Thanks

    I'm not sure about "visual studio 2010" folder issue, but that
    behavior with "no" files is exactly how "show all files" option works
    when it is turned off. To see all files in a solution, click the Show
    All Files button above the project node in the solution explorer. Hope
    this helps
    Alexey Smirnov, May 25, 2010