Visual Studio 2010 Support

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alec Taylor, Feb 5, 2012.

  1. Alec Taylor

    Alec Taylor Guest

    PIL, PyCrypto and many other modules require a C compiler and linker.

    Unfortunately neither install on my computer, with a PATH with the following:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC
    C:\libraries\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin
    C:\libraries\MinGW
    C:\Python27\Scripts

    Output from G:\pycrypto>vcvarsall.bat
    Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 x86 tools.

    Error output from G:\pycrypto>python setup.py build --compiler msvc
    http://pastebin.com/nBsuXDGg

    Error output from G:\pycrypto>python setup.py build --compiler mingw32 1> log1 2> log2
    Log1: http://pastebin.com/yG3cbdZv
    Log2: http://pastebin.com/qvnshPeh

    Will there ever be support for newer MSVC versions? - Also, why doesn't even MinGW install PyCrypto for me?

    Thanks for all suggestions,

    Alec Taylor
    Alec Taylor, Feb 5, 2012