Visual studio 2K3

De Bruyn Wim

Yesterday I installed VS 2K3. So far so good.
When I tried to run a mobile project the emulator was launched and there
things went wrong.
My machine (Win XP SP2) started hanging on the installation of "Virtual PC
Application Services".
Even with the upgrade to PocketPC 2K3 SDK with Active Sync 3.7, I am
experiencing the same problem. The emulators are in the menu of VS but when
running everything blocks.
When I look in my management console under "System" I can see that the
emulators are not well installed. I went to the Connectix site (newsgroup)
and found that there can be a problem with their soft and Win XP together
with Office XP.

Any solutions or people with the same problem?

W De Bruyn

I just found out about the other newsgroup as I posted the message.
The link you provided me is no longer valid.

"The Device Update 2.0 for .Net Framework 1.1 is no longer available for
download. Because Device Updates are cumulative, you can get the
functionality and support for Device Update 2 devices by installing
Device
Update Version 3 or higher."

Only the Version 3 is not on the site...

De Bruyn Wim

Still no show. Machine keeps hanging whenever I try to deploy to emulator.
Apparntly I am not the only one having the problem.
In the mobile newsgroup I found other people having the same problem.
No solution so far.

///
I had this problem when I had firewall enabled in XP. In my machine, I need
to put XP's built-in firewall off and then this works. Have you tried that?

Carl Prothman [MVP]

De Bruyn Wim said:
Still no show.

Give it until Friday...
Machine keeps hanging whenever I try to deploy to emulator.
Apparently I am not the only one having the problem.
In the mobile newsgroup I found other people having the same problem.
No solution so far.

I hear you!
I had this problem when I had firewall enabled in XP. In my machine, I need
to put XP's built-in firewall off and then this works. Have you tried that?

No, I haven't tried that yet...

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman