Visual Studio activating Line #s

Richard Heathfield

2005 said:
Hi

How can I activate Line #s

C provides the __LINE__ macro for this purpose. For example:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
printf("This is line %d of the source file.\n", __LINE__);

return 0;
}

The output of this program on my system is:

This is line 5 of the source file.

Michael

How can I activate Line #s on Visual Studio 6 pls?
From the menu, choose Help, and type in "line number." It explains how
to do it quite succinctly.

Michael

Mark McIntyre

Answering off-topic questions is not helpful. This is not the place
to ask about Visual Studio.

Actually, he didn't answer the question. He redirected the user to a
more appropriate place.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan