Visual Studio Ignores IIS Content Expiration

theintrepidfox

Dear Group

Just noticed that there's a problem with Visual Studio and IIS Content
Expiration. I do have a files sub directory and had Contend Expiration
set to immediately for that folder.

When debugging the application and telling it to open a file in the
files folder it does this without problems.

However, if I type the file URL (http://localhost/app/files/test.doc)
into my browser and try to, open a document it comes up with the
message:

Internet Explorer cannot download test.doc from localhost.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet Site. The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
again later."

See Microsoft KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317208

Does Visual Studio ignore the IIS Content Expiration setting when
debugging as the error also comes up when running the application
directly?

Thanks for your help & efforts!

Martin