Visual Studio Ignores IIS Content Expiration

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by theintrepidfox@hotmail.com, Mar 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Dear Group

    Just noticed that there's a problem with Visual Studio and IIS Content
    Expiration. I do have a files sub directory and had Contend Expiration
    set to immediately for that folder.

    When debugging the application and telling it to open a file in the
    files folder it does this without problems.

    However, if I type the file URL (http://localhost/app/files/test.doc)
    into my browser and try to, open a document it comes up with the
    message:

    Internet Explorer cannot download test.doc from localhost.

    Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet Site. The
    requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
    again later."

    See Microsoft KB:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317208

    Does Visual Studio ignore the IIS Content Expiration setting when
    debugging as the error also comes up when running the application
    directly?

    Thanks for your help & efforts!

    Martin

    , Mar 7, 2005