Visual Studio is defining my *.ascx UserControls as Global.System.Web.UI.UserControl in the *.aspx.d

Nathan Sokalski

I have several UserControls (*.ascx files) that I register in my Web.config
file under the <system.web><pages><controls> element. If I mistype the src
attribute in the Web.config file, the pages that use the UserControl will
add something such as the following to the *.aspx.designer.vb files:

Protected WithEvents mycontrol As Global.System.Web.UI.UserControl

This is obviously not correct, because Global.System.Web.UI.UserControl is
what the *.ascx file inherits from, the name of the class for the
UserControl that is created by the *.ascx file is something else. Therefore,
every time the src attribute gets changed or mistyped I have to go and
manually edit the *.aspx.designer.vb files. Why doesn't Visual Studio 2005
automatically fix the *.aspx.designer.vb files when I fix the src attribute
in the Web.config file? Thanks.