Visual Studio keeps removing my closing </li> tags

Nathan Sokalski

I have a section in my ASP.NET code where I have an HTML unordered list.
Visual Studio keeps removing the closing list item tags, except for the last
list item. In other words, Visual Studio makes my code look like the
following:

<ul>
<li>adasf
<li>asdfsa
<li>asdfd
<li>adfsdf</li>
</ul>

First of all, it really annoys me that it removes the closing tags at all,
but why does it remove all but the last one? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jeremy Chapman

Some tags don't require ending tags. I prefer them, but that doesn't stop
VS from removing them. As to why it doesn't remove the last one, it's just
one of those 100's of quirks. At least it's better than front page.

Scott M.

Check the schema that the document is set to be compliant with. This
determines how VS .NET will write the HTML for you.