    in .NET Server 2003? Do I need Visual Studio 2003?

    Thanks in advance,

    José R. Rodríguez

    José Ramón Rodríguez, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Not sure, but it may be because Windows Server 2003 uses ASP.NET 1.1 and VS.NET
    2002 uses ASP.NET 1.0.

    I suspect there's a way around this but you'd be best to go with 2003

    "José Ramón Rodríguez" <> wrote in message
    Hello,

    When I installed Visual Studio .NET 2002 on a .NET Server trial version at
    the office it said the product had incompatibilities with .NET Server. Has
    anybody had any problems?

    I have problems creating Web applications with this version of Visual Studio

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 26, 2003

  3. There IS a way around for this. You have to register, on
    IIS 6 a new type of MIME file. The associated extension
    is .TMP and the text is text/plain. Once done that on IIS
    6 you'll be able to create new web apps from VS.NET 2002
    on Windows Server 2003.

    Carlos

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Carlos_M_P=E9rez?=, Aug 6, 2003