Visual Studio .NET 2002 and .NET Server 2003

José Ramón Rodríguez

Hello,

When I installed Visual Studio .NET 2002 on a .NET Server trial version at
the office it said the product had incompatibilities with .NET Server. Has
anybody had any problems?

I have problems creating Web applications with this version of Visual Studio
in .NET Server 2003? Do I need Visual Studio 2003?

Thanks in advance,

José R. Rodríguez

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Not sure, but it may be because Windows Server 2003 uses ASP.NET 1.1 and VS.NET
2002 uses ASP.NET 1.0.

I suspect there's a way around this but you'd be best to go with 2003

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Carlos_M_P=E9rez?=

There IS a way around for this. You have to register, on
IIS 6 a new type of MIME file. The associated extension
is .TMP and the text is text/plain. Once done that on IIS
6 you'll be able to create new web apps from VS.NET 2002
on Windows Server 2003.

Carlos