    there a way to disable this?

    Also, once a lot of code is pasted into it, is there a way to auto
    format/align the text so its more readable?

    Bijoy Naick, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Hi Bijoy,

    Without more specifics, it's hard to say. You can adjust how VS.NET
    reformats code in the options. However, keep in mind that the HTML
    preservation in current editions of VS.NET is not as good as we would like.
    That's why we put considerable effort into improving this in the next
    version. Visual Studio .NET 2005 will have dramatic improvements in this
    area.

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
    Microsoft Developer Support

    --------------------
    >From: Bijoy Naick <>
    >Subject: Visual Studio .NET - Code Alignment
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:42:33 -0700
    ..phx.gbl

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Jul 28, 2004

  3. Almost nobody likes the HTML auto formatting.
    That's why they (Microsoft) dramatically improved the situation in Visual
    Studio.NET 2.0 scheduled for release next year.
    Until then we're stuck with it.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP