Visual Studio .NET - Code Alignment

Bijoy Naick

I noticed that VS.NET starts to format/align code/HTML by itself.. Is
there a way to disable this?

Also, once a lot of code is pasted into it, is there a way to auto
format/align the text so its more readable?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Bijoy,

Without more specifics, it's hard to say. You can adjust how VS.NET
reformats code in the options. However, keep in mind that the HTML
preservation in current editions of VS.NET is not as good as we would like.
That's why we put considerable effort into improving this in the next
version. Visual Studio .NET 2005 will have dramatic improvements in this
area.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Almost nobody likes the HTML auto formatting.
That's why they (Microsoft) dramatically improved the situation in Visual
Studio.NET 2.0 scheduled for release next year.
Until then we're stuck with it.