Visual Studio .NET development environment

Guest

Last week I asked a question about connection to database from client machine
(developer machine). There are two types of security setup for SQL Server
database: Windows only and "SQL
Server and Windows" under (local)Windows NT node of Enterprise Manager.

-----
First, I set the database security as "SQL
Server and Windows" under (local)Windows NT node of Enterprise Manager.
However, I could not setup a database connection to Server from Client using
Server Explorer of Visual Studio 2005. The detail is in the following.

Configuration of server and client:

Server: Windows Server 2000, SQL Server 2000
Authentication method: Active Directory Users and Computers (It is my first
time to use it)
User acount MyName with Admin role
User in database: domainName\MyName
SQL Server database security setup: "SQL Server and Windows" under
(local)Windows NT node

Client: Windows XP pro, Visual Studio 2005 pro

Operation for database connection on client side:

1. Open Server Explorer on Visual Studio.
2. Add connection
3. Select Microsoft SQL Server and Continue
4. Select Server name: Server computer name
5. Select "use SQL Server authentication"
6. Type in User Name: "DomainName\MyName" or "MyName" (either not work!)
7. Type in User password: my windows server password
8. Test Connection
9. Error message: Login fails for user 'MyName' (or 'DomainName\MyName')

----
Second, I set the database security (Authentication) as "Windows Only".
Operation for database connection on client side:
Case 1: Select "use Windows authentication"
1. Open Server Explorer on Visual Studio.
2. Add connection
3. Select Microsoft SQL Server and Continue
4. Select Server name: Server computer name
5. Select "use Windows authentication"
6. Test Connection
7. Error message: Login failed for user '(null)' , Reason:not associated
with a trusted SQL Server Connection.
NOTE: I can not type in any userID and password (grey). In Advanced, I can
not type in userID and password either.

Case 2: Select "use SQL Server authentication"
1. Open Server Explorer on Visual Studio.
2. Add connection
3. Select Microsoft SQL Server and Continue
4. Select Server name: Server computer name
5. Select "use SQL Server authentication"
6. Type in User Name: "MyName"
7. Type in User password: my windows server password
8. Test Connection
9. Error message: Login failed for user 'MyName' , Reason:not associated
with a trusted SQL Server Connection.

Thanks for any help

David