Visual Studio.net hangs when creating ASP.NET application

Rob Rogers

Visual Studio.Net started hanging when trying to create an ASP.NET
application. The problem started after I installed "Norton Firewall".
I haven't had any luck getting support from Norton.

The problem goes away if I uninstall "Norton Firewall".
I had other problems with "ZoneAlarm" and tried this.

The application event log shows the following message and no others.

Hanging application devenv.exe, version 7.10.3077.0, hang module
hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.