Visual Studio .Net trashes HTML code in ASP.Net projects

Tom Wells

I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003 ver 7.1.3088
When developing ASP.NET projects and switching between HTML and Design views
on the aspx files, the editor trashes my HTML. I can think of no reason a
Is there a valid reason why the toggling between views causes so many of my
tags to be split? What is up with how my indentation is being stripped out?
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
</TR>
<TABLE>
should not end up as:
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
</TR><TABLE>

I searched the help files for a solution to this stupid, destructive
behaviour but could not find anything that worked. Anyone know a solution?
Thanks!
Tom

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

No.

The next version is supposed to be friendlier to your own code.

-D

Flip

I'm by no means an expert on this, but something came to mind when I saw the
BR split like that. Try using the self closing xml tag? Try the <br/> or
the <br /> (yup, the space is the only thing different). Not sure if it'll
work but maybe the code parser is hiccuping on the closing >?

I'm like you, I've been extremely frustrated by VS' code mangling. :<