Visual Studio .NET walkthrough help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Luke Smith, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Luke Smith

    Luke Smith Guest

    Im following the walkthroughs in the VS.NET 2003 walkthrough booklet. Im
    getting an error when wokring on the webservices one. Chapter 2 page 29, my
    application compiles but when clicking the LoadData button i get the
    following message. Ne suggestions? (using vs.net 2003 pro, sql server 2000
    developer, winxp pro)

    luke

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
    occurred in system.web.services.dll

    Additional information: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server
    was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Fill:
    SelectCommand.Connection property has not been initialized.
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.GetConnection(IDbCommand command,
    String method)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
    at AuthorsWebService.AuthorsService.GetAuthors() in
    D:\W3Sites\AuthorsWebService\AuthorsService.asmx.cs:line 153
    Luke Smith, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Luke Smith

    Andras Walz Guest

    how keep array in memory

    Hi there,

    I have written a webservice with VB.net and it runs fine. The problem is the
    performance.
    I am calculating with an array 1000 x 1000 x 5 elements and it take time to
    load it into the memory each time i send a request.
    Is there a possibility to keep the array?

    Thanks

    Andreas
    Andras Walz, Jan 30, 2004