Visual Studio .Net webform designer question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RWQgQ2hpdQ==?=, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have the following template column inside a datagrid:

    <asp:TemplateColumn>
    <ItemTemplate>
    Databinder.eval(container.dataitem, "CaseNumber") %>','newwin')">Respond</a>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateColumn>

    This is fine in VS.Net webform designer's HTML View. But when I try to
    switch to Design mode I got the following error message:

    Could not open in Design View. Quote values differently inside a '<%
    ...."value"... %>' block.

    The template column actually works at run time, I can click on it and a new
    window pops up.

    Any Ideas?

    TIA
    =?Utf-8?B?RWQgQ2hpdQ==?=, Oct 28, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RWQgQ2hpdQ==?=

    Karl Seguin Guest

    This is an annoyance...try:

    onclick='<%# "window.open('Respond.aspx?CaseNumber=" +
    Databinder.eval(container.dataitem, "CaseNumber") + "','newwin')"%>'>

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/