Visual studio remote asp.net projects

David Royal

I'm trying to get VS.NEt 2003 to create a new asp.net project on a
remote machine. I have XP pro with iis 5 installed on a networked
machine. IIS works and I can access web pages over the network. However
VS refuses to create a new project saying variously the UNC path does
not exist or access is denied. I have configured virtual directory and
permissions ad neaseum and also installed Frontpage server extensions
but to no effect.
Any clues please?

Guest

YES!! I know about this problem very well. Create the project in that local
computer. Then you can access that website using the project file NOT the
solution file. However you need to create the project as a local user.

Yes ... you'll have to install VS in that computer, or create it in yours
and copy the whole thing into that computer. Every person using that computer
needs to open the Project file in the network, and create their own Solution
file.

Hope this helps
Al

David Royal