Visual Studio Remote Debugging:

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Jun 30, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I cannot for the life of me get remove debugging to work. I continue to
    receive "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
    web server. Access is denied. Verify that you are an administrator or
    member of the Debugger Users".

    I have followed
    (ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vsdebug/html/vxtbsHTTPServer
    Errors.htm). I have seen
    (http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/a.aspx?u=http://www.gotdotnet.com/tea
    m/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc) and followed. I
    have checked and double checked that my XP user/pass is on the 2k server and
    user is a member of both administrators and Debugger Users. Without a doubt
    the user is working correctly because I can put in the ole \\server\admin$
    from the XP box and never get prompted for any information. I have removed
    Remote components, .NET framework, IIS and reinstalled in reverse order. I
    have tried to manually attach to the asp.net process using "tools->Debug
    processes" from visual studio.

    What am I missing here?

    Guest, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Hi,

    I'm viewing this thread and find that this is a duplicated one with another
    thread in dotnet.languages.vb group and another member of our team has
    posted the reply there. If you have any questions , please feel free to
    followup there. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support