Visual Studio Remote Debugging:

Guest

I cannot for the life of me get remove debugging to work. I continue to
receive "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
web server. Access is denied. Verify that you are an administrator or
member of the Debugger Users".

I have followed
(ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vsdebug/html/vxtbsHTTPServer
Errors.htm). I have seen
(http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/a.aspx?u=http://www.gotdotnet.com/tea
m/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc) and followed. I
have checked and double checked that my XP user/pass is on the 2k server and
user is a member of both administrators and Debugger Users. Without a doubt
the user is working correctly because I can put in the ole \\server\admin$
from the XP box and never get prompted for any information. I have removed
Remote components, .NET framework, IIS and reinstalled in reverse order. I
have tried to manually attach to the asp.net process using "tools->Debug
processes" from visual studio.

What am I missing here?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi,

I'm viewing this thread and find that this is a duplicated one with another
thread in dotnet.languages.vb group and another member of our team has
posted the reply there. If you have any questions , please feel free to
followup there. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support