Visual Studio Service Pack 1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Fitzpatrick, Dec 16, 2006.

  1. Mark Fitzpatrick, Dec 16, 2006

  2. Mark Fitzpatrick

    Gunady Guest

    I have tried to install this. And it makes my whole VS 2005 and .NET
    2.0 app stop working at all. First, when I install, I got error because
    of disk free space. Although I have 1.5GB, it's still not enough, and
    bad thing is Microsoft don't run any disk checking or report how much
    disk space it needs to complete the installation. After waiting for
    quite long, the installation stop. After freeing some space, I try to
    run it again. Too bad, it's also failed that I expect is due to the
    this:
    Product: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software
    Developers - ENU -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error
    installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package.
    The error code is 2908. The arguments are:
    {C36BB0F7-65CD-42A0-AC5D-21495BA312FD}, it repeats around 40-50 times
    and I have to click OK everytime. After that, it report one more
    critical error:

    Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly
    'CppCodeProvider,Version="8.0.0.0",PublicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a",FileVersion="8.0.50727.363",Culture="neutral",ProcessorArchitecture="MSIL"'.
    Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:
    0x8002802F. assembly interface: , function: CreateAssemblyCache,
    component: {5889F731-AF05-4410-80D2-06AF79DDE506}

    Then, boom, the installation roll back. Now, I CAN'T RUN VISUAL STUDIO
    2005 and other app, like Windows Live Messenger, VSS, etc. It always
    report: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004).
    Click on OK to terminate the application.

    Oh, this is too much dissappointment. I understand if this is a beta
    Service pack, but it's already released. I hold myself not to install
    beta version, and as soon as Microsoft release it, I am quite confident
    that Microsoft can deliver high quality service pack. But instead of
    fixing previous error, now my whole VS2005/.NET 2.0 down.

    Gunady

    Gunady, Dec 24, 2006