Visual Studio Service Pack 1

Gunady

I have tried to install this. And it makes my whole VS 2005 and .NET
2.0 app stop working at all. First, when I install, I got error because
of disk free space. Although I have 1.5GB, it's still not enough, and
bad thing is Microsoft don't run any disk checking or report how much
disk space it needs to complete the installation. After waiting for
quite long, the installation stop. After freeing some space, I try to
run it again. Too bad, it's also failed that I expect is due to the
this:
Product: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software
Developers - ENU -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error
installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package.
The error code is 2908. The arguments are:
{C36BB0F7-65CD-42A0-AC5D-21495BA312FD}, it repeats around 40-50 times
and I have to click OK everytime. After that, it report one more
critical error:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'CppCodeProvider,Version="8.0.0.0",PublicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a",FileVersion="8.0.50727.363",Culture="neutral",ProcessorArchitecture="MSIL"'.
Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:
0x8002802F. assembly interface: , function: CreateAssemblyCache,
component: {5889F731-AF05-4410-80D2-06AF79DDE506}

Then, boom, the installation roll back. Now, I CAN'T RUN VISUAL STUDIO
2005 and other app, like Windows Live Messenger, VSS, etc. It always
report: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004).
Click on OK to terminate the application.

Oh, this is too much dissappointment. I understand if this is a beta
Service pack, but it's already released. I hold myself not to install
beta version, and as soon as Microsoft release it, I am quite confident
that Microsoft can deliver high quality service pack. But instead of
fixing previous error, now my whole VS2005/.NET 2.0 down.

Gunady