    rather than from a website. Same thing for Word.

    How can I launch Excel from a webpage?

    Thanks. Jay
    Jay, Sep 19, 2005

  2. You might be able to get an answer here,
    but you're more likely to get an answer at :

    http://forums.asp.net/33/ShowForum.aspx
    or
    http://forums.asp.net/138/ShowForum.aspx

    You can launch Excel from a website, but it will run on the server,
    not on the client-side, unless your user agrees to allow you to install
    an ActiveX component that launches Excel client-side, if your client
    has Excel installed, of course.

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    Foros de ASP.NET en EspaƱol : http://asp.net.do/foros/