    configuration manager it is set to debug, yet it WON'T DEBUG!!!

    I have tried other ASP.NET projects and they won't debug either.

    Please help.
    cashdeskmac, Jul 15, 2009

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y2FzaGRlc2ttYWM=?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been working on a C# ASP.NET project for months with no
    > problems. Suddenly I have a few weeks off and when I run the project
    > using F5 or Start Without Debugging it refuses to enter debug mode.
    > It seems to start attaching to the debugger, loads the web page and
    > then detatches again. I can manually attach to the process through
    > the debug menu but I would prefer to know why VS has been able to
    > debug for the last 3 years and now it refuses to. In my web config
    > file compilation debug is set to true. In the configuration manager
    > it is set to debug, yet it WON'T DEBUG!!!
    >
    > I have tried other ASP.NET projects and they won't debug either.

    Have you installed anything new on the machine? For example, tried to
    install Visual Studio 2010, Expression Blend 3 preview, etc. Any product
    that is at all tied to .NET, that is beta, can cause issues.

    It could also be the project is not set up to debug, but it seems
    strange that would "just happen". The answer to that is here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306169

    The normal symptoms are different, however.

    Outside of that, I am stumped ... at least for now.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |
    Gregory A. Beamer, Jul 15, 2009

  3. cashdeskmac

    cashdeskmac Guest

    Hi Gregory,

    the last thing I installed was IE8.
    cashdeskmac, Jul 15, 2009
  4. cashdeskmac

    cashdeskmac Guest

    I looked at the link and it relates to VS2003 and before. Is there a similar
    setting in VS 2005?

    cashdeskmac, Jul 15, 2009