Visual Web Developer 2005 and SQL Server Express 2005

Brad Brening

I'm developing a quick site in VWD 2005 and SQL Server Express 2005.
I'm using custom forms authentication where my user accounts are
stored in a local MDF file attached to the project.

I note that (usually), when I am in the Database Explorer view, the
database icon has a small red "x" at the lower left - which usually
indicates that the connection to the database is broken. However, I
can view the table schema and table data just fine. No big deal, I
think, as long as it works....

However, I note that from time to time, whenever I attempt to create a
SqlDataReader, I get the following error:
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the
server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on
the other end of the pipe.)

This always happens on this line:
Dim MyReader As SqlDataReader = MyCommand.ExecuteReader

I cancel the error and then stop the site. I then re-start the site
and everything works fine! Is there some setting that I'm missing?
How reliable is it to use an attached MDF file with your web project?

Thanks for any assistance in this matter;

Brad Brening