Visual Web Developer 2005 Express SCREWS UP YOUR CODE on PURPOSE...STOP TOUCHING MY CODE, MICROSOFT!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ik, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. ik

    ik Guest

    DEAR MICROSOFT:

    STOP TOUCHING MY CODE!!!!!!

    Stop ADDING these attributes to my tags

    meta:resourcekey="LiteralResource3"

    Your Web Developer 2005 express added that crappy and unneeded attribute to
    all my tags on my aspx page...you even added that attribute to the @page
    directive. The people who actually do work might have to to bounce back to a
    better HTML editor and NOT use 1.1 OR I don't even want that attribute in
    the first place as I don't place to use .resx files anyway

    DON'T DO THAT!!!

    GOT IT!!!!!!

    NOW I HAVE TO GO AND REMOVE IT FOR ALL THE TAGS ON MY PAGE IF I WANT TO USE
    ..NET 1.1

    COMPRENDE!!!!!!!

    ik, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Dear ik,

    You might make a suggestion or report a bug instead of yelling and
    crossposting in these newsgroups.
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/

    --
    Miha Markic [MVP C#] - RightHand .NET consulting & development
    miha at rthand com

    Miha Markic [MVP C#], Jul 2, 2004

  3. ik

    Simon Harvey Guest

    Good idea. They're actually very very responsive. Although I wouldnt shout
    or they'll just think you're a physco - which undobtably you are...
    But if we keep that between you an I we might get you perfectly reasonable
    request fixed.

    And remember, the products release date is a whole year away. I think the
    product is remarkably mature given that fact

    Simon

    Simon Harvey, Jul 2, 2004
  4. First, I have been around betas for quite some time and I can understand the
    frustration. But, when you play with matches, you risk getting burned. If
    you are working with original copies of production code in a beta
    environment, you are taking an unnecessary risk. If you want to see what the
    new product does, use a copy, then you do not have to worry about removing
    things. If you are playing with production code, with no source control or
    backup, you are making a mistake.

    Second, when you rant about how dumb someone's methodology is, you are more
    likely to be greeted with silence than have that person try to help you
    through your difficulties. The louder you yell that someone is a jerk, the
    less likely you are EVER going to get your problems solved. This is not a
    Microsoft thing, but a human nature thing.

    Third, if you feel you have a legitimate beef, register and log your
    suggestion. It might surprise you to find out that the .NET team actually
    read these things. You may find that there are reasons why certain things
    are added, other than simply to screw up your code. You may still disagree
    with them, but you will know the reasoning.

    Fourth, this is a BETA product. BETAs are not the final release. This makes
    point three especially germane. Log suggestions, as there is still time to
    get changes for some things. If you have a problem, there may be others that
    have the same problem. Also, BETA products may already have some changes in
    mind.

    Fifth, before installing and messing around with a product, especially a
    BETA, you should read the readme files. They often contain a wealth of
    information about known minefields. In a development product, the help files
    are wonderful for understanding what it might do.

    You are playing with a BETA, which is playing at your own risk. If you take
    your prized breakables into a pre-school class, they will most likely get
    broken. Instead of the Ming vase, take a copy.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Jul 2, 2004
  5. ik

    clintonG Guest

    I have to concur -- the Express products are beta and thus still being
    designed.

    If people want to rant about corporate pigs they should start with shouting
    to the world about AutoPimp (AutoDesk) which charges customers an
    annual 'developer' fee just to obtain documentation required to learn how
    to use the AutoCad products or to access their secret newsgroup(s).

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher@ REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) [MVP]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    clintonG, Jul 2, 2004
  6. ik

    ik Guest

    Nonsense. Microsoft went out of it's way to say for Whidbey and said over
    and over again,

    "We are not going to touch your code, Period"

    And they did just that in the Beta.....

    I don't care about the reasoning PERIOD. We, Me, Microsoft and real
    developers out there already discussed this problem over and over again over
    the years.

    MICROSOFT, DON'T TOUCH THE CODE.

    ik, Jul 5, 2004
  7. ik

    Shawn B. Guest

    I'm not using the Express version, but I am using the Full VS.NET 2005 Beta
    1 (Architect???) and I don't have see any problems with it messing up my
    code. I'm particular about that so i would have noticed. I do not know
    what would be different in the Express product. There is also, of course,
    the fact that I may not be producing the same steps you are to "cause" such
    an action but overall, I think its remarkably great of a product considering
    it is pre-release material.

    Thanks,
    Shawn

    "ik" <> wrote in message
    > Nonsense. Microsoft went out of it's way to say for Whidbey and said over
    > and over again,
    >
    > "We are not going to touch your code, Period"
    >
    > And they did just that in the Beta.....
    >
    > I don't care about the reasoning PERIOD. We, Me, Microsoft and real
    > developers out there already discussed this problem over and over again

    over
    > the years.
    >
    > MICROSOFT, DON'T TOUCH THE CODE.
    >

    > "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) [MVP]" <>