Visual Web Developer express - Client or Server code in source view?

tom c

This is a question on the first walkthrough "Walkthrough: Creating a
Basic Web Page in Visual Web Developer"

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k4cbh4dh.aspx

It shows that when you first create an ASP.Net web site, the left-hand
drop-down list at the top of Source view will say "Server Objects and
Events", but when I do this it says "Client Objects and Events". Is
there some setting that changes this between client and server?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I don't see this in the page you are pointing at, but can tell you what is
most likely happening. The server objects and events will show up when you
are selecting a code section or a code beside page (if you opted for two
files instead of one). The client objects show up when you are in the tags
or designer. If you are using the single page version, you should be able to
create a script runat="server" section click in it and see the server
objects and events.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!

tom c

Thanks for your help. My problem was that I had "Place code in a
seperate file" checked.