visualisation of XML tree objects

FBergemann

Hi,

let's say, if have a tree of objects described in XML syntax.
Not all nodes in the tree are of the same objects type.
But there are some
- choice nodes
which have children, from which only one is valid
for traversing the tree
- collection nodes
which have children, which all need to be evaluated
for traversing the tree
- leaf objects
which terminate the tree at their position

Is there a tool, that can visualize the tree as a kind of (UML) instance diagram?
E.g. is classify the relevant objects, give them a symbol and
leave it up to an XML Schem (e.g.) to describe the relationships.

- Thanks!

Regards!
Fran

Gregory Vaughan

Hi Fran,

We have a small shareware program that generates a JPEG tree diagram for an
XML file, but is probably more simplistic than what you are looking for.
Still, you might check it out:

http://www.intsysr.com/drawtag.htm

We might be able to help you customize this, and/or provide you with the
Java source code as a start

Gregory Vaughan
Intelligent Systems Research
http://www.intsysr.com