visualisation of XML tree objects

Discussion in 'XML' started by FBergemann, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. FBergemann

    FBergemann Guest

    Hi,

    let's say, if have a tree of objects described in XML syntax.
    Not all nodes in the tree are of the same objects type.
    But there are some
    - choice nodes
    which have children, from which only one is valid
    for traversing the tree
    - collection nodes
    which have children, which all need to be evaluated
    for traversing the tree
    - leaf objects
    which terminate the tree at their position

    Is there a tool, that can visualize the tree as a kind of (UML) instance diagram?
    E.g. is classify the relevant objects, give them a symbol and
    leave it up to an XML Schem (e.g.) to describe the relationships.

    - Thanks!

    Regards!
    Fran

    FBergemann, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Hi Fran,

    We have a small shareware program that generates a JPEG tree diagram for an
    XML file, but is probably more simplistic than what you are looking for.
    Still, you might check it out:

    http://www.intsysr.com/drawtag.htm

    We might be able to help you customize this, and/or provide you with the
    Java source code as a start

    Gregory Vaughan
    Intelligent Systems Research
    http://www.intsysr.com