visualize mouse clicks

diemon

Hi,

I'm trying to build application that would visualize clicks from
visited web page. There is a problem with centered pages - an example
is on http://diemon.sm.pl. In the example there is a certain left
margin value from browser border to page content (except background).
The margin value depends on: browser, resolution, browser window
size... I need to calculate the click [x,y] coordinates starting from
page content. offsetLeft and window.parent tricks won't work because
the BODY margin is [0,0]. Next I need to put the page content in an
iframe with all margins omitted and show the clicks (heatmap).

Any help would be appreciated.