VisualStudio 2008 and AJAX problem when using IIS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mazdotnet, Feb 1, 2008.

  1. mazdotnet

    mazdotnet Guest

    Hi guys,

    On my work computer I had VisualStudio 2005, AJAX 1.0 and AJAX
    toolkit
    installed. 2 days ago I installed VisualStudio 2008 and every AJAX
    test that I do (IIS), does a postback. When I open my test web
    application using File System which uses the .NET server
    (http://localhost:4791/AjaxTest2/) it works. However, when I open my
    files by using IIS (http://localhost/AjaxTest2/), my application runs
    fine except it does a post back every time (not really AJAX).

    BTW, view source shows me the JS required for AJAX.

    Any idea why my AJAX calls in IIS fail? Do I have to update anything
    else on my computer?

    Thx
    Maz

    mazdotnet, Feb 1, 2008

  2. mazdotnet

    mazdotnet Guest

    On Feb 1, 10:29 am, mazdotnet <> wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > On my work computer I had VisualStudio 2005, AJAX 1.0 and AJAX
    > toolkit
    > installed. 2 days ago I installed VisualStudio 2008 and every AJAX
    > test that I do (IIS), does a postback. When I open my test web
    > application using File System which uses the .NET server
    > (http://localhost:4791/AjaxTest2/) it works. However, when I open my
    > files by using IIS (http://localhost/AjaxTest2/), my application runs
    > fine except it does a post back every time (not really AJAX).
    >
    > BTW, view source shows me the JS required for AJAX.
    >
    > Any idea why my AJAX calls in IIS fail? Do I have to update anything
    > else on my computer?
    >
    > Thx
    > Maz

    Never mind.. I resolved this issue by removing <xhtmlConformance
    mode="Legacy"/> from my web.config

    mazdotnet, Feb 1, 2008