VM -> secure Web Memory, Patent 863

Lane Friesen

I'm releasing to Open Source an e-commerce local memory technique that
could reduce web congestion. A web-based operating system might be
possible. I am releasing this application also to Open Source.

To protect bandwidth for this technique, I applied for and received US
Patent 6,636,863 - the claims of this patent will be interesting to the
Open Source community.

Information:
http://209.87.142.42/webmemory/

Background:
* I originally published in June of 2000 on javaboutique
(http://javaboutique:internet.com/articles/shoppingcart/index.html) and
released the code for an e-commerce front end as Open Source.

* The article was mirrored on Linux Today
(http://linuxtoday.com/news/2000070200204OSSW).

* On Oct. 21, 2003, after a lengthy process including a quality review
by a number of patent examiners, I was granted US Patent 6,636,863
based on this work (to read the text, go to
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/srchnum.htm and input the patent
number).

* Web Memory is secure, client-based, user-specific memory, based in
the JAVA VM present in computers, cell phones, Palm Pilots and chips.
It works in dotNET as well. The bandwidth for this technique has been
protected by patent. Is the method useful to the Open Source community?

Lane Friesen
e-mail: lanefriesen (at) hotmail.com